Friday, October 09, 2020

pto

I'm not my 100% self lately so today I took a time out from work. I feel it's unfair to be physically present in the office when I have all these batshit crazies going on in my personal life.

Technically, I know I would still be sitting in front of my laptop doing work things. But I am not mentally and emotionally there.

Maybe I just need to be by myslef today, to wallow and deal with whatever emotional shitznit is going on. I need the time, and I always, always recognize that the minute it creeps in. Sure, I can compartmentalize. But it's different when you can do it in your pajamas while eating a tub of ice cream.

What I am saying is that this mini break is for my mental and emotional health. It's for me to be ME again. It's tough when you're all alone, but I have learned to live with that.

So yes, I am on a time out today. 

No comments: