Friday, October 27, 2006

All is Flat and Red

Smooth. Silky. Feverish.

And I need a trip to the rough seas and a dose of cold water to wake me up from this endless dream. Almost but not quite. I am taking nothing with me, just this piece I call soul, bared to the bones and scarred to the core. Seems like I just hit jackpot with my combination. Instant millionaire I should be. But I know better.

This is not perpetual. A regular one night stand gone heavy and sweet, whipped cream topped with cherry. Perfect. Too good to be true. And I am loving it.

After all, I am the here and the now. That's all there is. No shape. No color. No scent. No sound. Just presence.

A treat to the soul that has found its way home.

4 comments:

Tani said...

sometimes we gotta live... really live the moment.

i won't be surprised when someday, i'll be reading here that you're already in one of those hedonistic beaches in australia.

{illyria} said...

sometimes we let go to fly. not to fall. :)

The Shadow Cabinet said...

You can never have too much whipped cream.

jey-aiy said...

tani:
it has always been my dream to be close to the shores. not in australia though. somewhere more exotic. maldives perhaps.

{illyria}:
good thing, i'm not afraid of heights.

the shadow cabinet:
oh, i would love chocolate sprinkles to go with my whipped cream! yummy!