Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Temporary Arrangement

I have become a different person in just three weeks. This I realized while my feet are soaked in the crystal clear waters of Bantayan.

Here, it's all work. Here, I have to put up a face that will not back down regardless of whatever has been thrown my way. It's part of the package.

What's important is knowing that this is not permanent, a temporary set up, and at the end of the day, I still know who I am.

Tall order. But being here gave me good grasp of myself, of who I have become. It may have been a mixture of laughter and tears, not exactly of the same proportions, but I learn from every crack and from every drop. I wake up at dawn with things clearer now, and with more determination than ever.

This may be a test for me, and to get a passing mark, I have to be that person for the time being.

No comments: