Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bantayan Island Getaway


It has been on my list of must-go-to places for years now and to finally set foot on the pristine white sands of Bantayan Island, wow! I couldn't exactly describe the feeling.

All I wanted was to getaway from it all for a while, to seek refuge from the noise that is work that has kept me on my toes and has never failed to leave me gasping for breath at the end of the day. I got more than what i wished for. The weekend at Bantayan gave me the time to think things over - work, goodbyes that have been said, excess baggages, my silence. Walking along the white stretch cleared my head of clutter. And yeap, it was a weekend all on my own with just the sand, the sea, a gray tabo and Haruki Murakami's South of the Border, West of the Sun to keep me company.

And I am still in awe. =)

2 comments:

Tani said...

sarap naman... :)

jey-aiy said...

indeed it was =)