Thursday, December 03, 2009

forever grateful

2009 has been very kind to me. Amidst all the trials and setbacks I have encountered along the way, I am still up, dancing, and doing my thing.

Everyday, I find reasons to be thankful for. Above all, I am thankful for:

1. the gift of life itself. With everything that has happened to us, I have realized how precious life is. The only way to show appreciation is to live and lead a meaningful life.

2. the people around me - my family, my friends. They have kept me sane and my feet firmly planted on the ground amidst all the "kaguluhan" that has happened.

3. my job, my colleagues, my boss. I am very lucky to have a job that creates social awareness on one of the causes I advocate for - cervical cancer. It has provided me means to reach out to more people. My colleagues have been my pillar of strength when the work gets tough, and my boss? He's one of the most generous people I know, and his big heart has inspired to pay it forward.

4. the opportunity to help. When Ondoy struck, I found myself amongst the many volunteers bringing in goods, repacking and distributing goods, spreading the word through social networking sites, sharing laughter and stories with fellow volunteers. Those were very exhausting days, but at the end of each day, I find myself still thankful that I can help.

5. the opportunities to learn. Learning is one of the things I value in life, and I look at each day as a new lesson to be learned, a new experience to be cherished. The most important lesson I've learned in 2009 is to be always thankful.

6. the joy of traveling with friends and family. I am a wanderer by heart. I truly enjoy traveling, exploring new places, discovering new adventures. I am constantly in awe of how beautiful the Philippines is, and how many places are waiting to be explored.

7. the opportunity to win a Moleskine 2010 Calendar. I can imagine myself scribbling down my daily activities and the things I am thankful for each day in those cute colorful planners. ;)

And this list goes on.

And I'm looking forward to what 2010 may bring.

No comments: