Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Inevitable

And so it boils down to this - GOODBYE.

That long forgotten road I took a year ago laid out a warning sign for me, only I, stubborn and willing to take the risk, did not heed it. But I have no regerets taking that route. I believe, and I always have, that its purpose has defined the person that I am today. As I have said, I will only look back with gratitude that that day came to be.

Crossing that forbidden line sure had thunder and lightning roaring from the dark skies, and I should have ran for cover. However, I chose to get wet under the pouring rain and leisurely take that walk home. It may have been a long and exhausting walk, but boy, am I glad to be finally here - home.

Without you.

From hereon, I am taking baby steps in finding my way around the world for my signpost no longer stands in front of me. And at the end of the day, I will run with eyes wide open toward the path of light.

I am taking on a new journey filled with hope and promises.

And saying goodbye to you is the first and sure step I am taking.

3 comments:

Tani said...

"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again after moments or lifetimes is certain for those who are friends." - Richard Bach

Anonymous said...

Change is the constant possibility. We must all be ready to say goodbye. God bless you!

jey-aiy said...

tani:
like a lock finding its key.

emer:
and acceptance is the key. thanks, doc!